Tuesday, November 4, 2008

I VOTED


Ok so today was Election day 08. This day will go down in history everybody. Today as i walked to the old folk home where i go to vote I felt a strong since of pride. Now i've been voting since i turned 18. this was NOT my first time voting but this is the first time i felt so proud of what i was doing. I don't really follow politics so i'm not gonna pretend i do or anything like that. So when i got there and saw the line i was like damn!! i should have brought a snickers cause i'm gonna be here for a while. Then this guy came and passed out a sheet with all the questions on it and asked me what district i was in. I told him district 5 and he was like come on up. So like the rockstar that i am I got moved right on up the line. LMAO when i got my lil card a prepared to vote. I was overwhelmed with joy and excitement as I looked at the top of the list and saw Barack Obama for president. Hello people an African Amercan man could be our next president in the next few hours. This shit is crazy. Excitement is rushin through my body. get excited people get very excited and thats just slimm's thoughts

ps. if i get another damn text message about voting i might shoot somebody. damn!!!!

4 comments:

WhozHe said...

Hey, thanks for stopping by.

Polls here in Dallas are lighter then expected today. We are hearing anywhere from 50 - 64% of voters voted early. I too casted my vote for Obama two days after early voting began.

deonte' k said...

LMAO... man I totally feel u on the voting texts lmao... I was like damn... I'm in line voting, where the hell are you. Shoot are u even voting. U sitting up here texting me and stuff lol.

[jei.lamar] said...

I agree with you.....I've NEVER been as excited as I was about going to cast my vote..I even woke up @ 5 so I could be at the polls a lil early...It was an amazing feeling to see black ppl woke early AND HAPPY ABOUT IT!!


oh..& look @ u posting TWO blogs 2 days apart....when it usually take's MONTHS!! kudos 2 ur

JACK said...

lol - the go vote texts were fun, though. I didn't get that many ... maybe my friends are whack.